Below are some questions you may have before you apply. We’re happy to answer any questions you may have! Email us at email@example.com.
(1) To apply, click here. Each resident must submit an application, either online or on paper.
(2) Then, submit a security deposit totaling $800 per apartment/townhome (this can be split between roommates) and submit a $35.00 (effective 11/9/2017) application fee per resident. The security deposit holds/secures the apartment/townhome while we process the paperwork. We MUST receive a security deposit before we take your apartment off the market.
You may pay online by clicking here. To make the application fee and security deposit in one payment online, choose the box marked “other” to customize your transaction on the payment page of PayLease.
You may also pay by check or money order, payable to Sturbridge Square Apartments located at 1001 University City Blvd, Blacksburg, VA 24060. It can be dropped off in person or mailed to us if it is paid as check or money order. You may write one check or money order that includes all application fees and security deposits if you wish.
(3) Each resident must provide proof of income. Proof of income can be the two most recent pay stubs or two most recent bank account statements or a W2 or financial aid/scholarship information. These documents can be emailed, faxed, or mailed to us. If you are under 21 or you do not have substantial credit, then a parent, guardian, or other person (not a roommate) must complete a guarantor form.
To download the PDF Guarantor Form, click here. They will need to print it out, complete the form, and have it notarized. This form can be scanned and emailed to us, faxed, or mailed to us. The guarantor will also need to provide proof of income.
(4) In addition, you will need to provide copies of two forms of photo identification per resident. This can be brought in person, emailed or mailed to us and can be in the form of driver’s licenses, student IDs, passports, etc. If you are not a US citizen, then we must have a copy of your visa.
(5) After we receive these documents from all residents we will run a background check. Upon approval of credit we will complete a Priority Reservation Form. Unit assignments will be made after all lease renewals are returned (Leases must be renewed by November 17th).
(6) All residents will be on one lease. If you are in town, you will need to come in to sign the lease prior to your move-in date. If you are out of town, we can scan and email you the lease to print out and sign then scan and email back to us.
Should you have any questions, feel free to contact the office at (540) 951-9252. Thank you and we look forward to have you as a resident of Sturbridge Square Apartments!
Once we have received your application you can pay the application fee and security deposit online here. Sturbridge Square also accepts check or money order, which can be dropped off in person or mailed to the office at 1001 University City Blvd, Blacksburg, VA 24060.
A guarantor is one, such as a person or corporation, that makes or gives a promise, assurance, or pledge typically relating to quality, durability, or performance. If under 21, you will need to submit a Lease Contact Guarantor form which is located here. It is required to be notarized. This form can be faxed, scanned and emailed, mailed or dropped off in person. The guarantor will also need to provide proof of income.
Sturbridge Square is a pet-friendly community. Acceptable pets include: cats, dogs, hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs, birds, turtles, non-poisonous frogs, and fish.
No more than two pets per apartment/townhome. Pets over 35 lbs must be in a bottom-floor apartment or a townhome. A pet addendum to your lease, up-to-date vet records, and a photo of the pet(s) must be on file with the management office. Effective 11/9/2017, residents must pay a $350 non-refundable, non-transferable fee per pet before the pet moves into the apartment/townhome. There will be a $400 fine per instance should there be evidence of an unregistered pet. This fine does not go toward the $350 non-refundable pet fee. All pets must be approved and registered with the management office, including pets belonging to sublessees.
We restrict aggressive breeds, and the following breeds are prohibited from the property: pitbull, doberman, rottweiler, chow chow, german shepard, pres canaries, wolf hybrid, dogs trained as attack dogs, and dogs trained as guard dogs for liability and insurance reasons. Snakes and spiders are not allowed.
Sturbridge Gardens, our new 4-bedroom apartment complex, does not allow pets of any kind.
We provide free off-street parking for you and your guests. However, each resident is required to register their vehicle and get a parking sticker. Effective 11/9/2017, there is a $10 parking sticker fee. Each resident is entitled to one parking spot.
Effective Monday April 25, 2016, the administrative fee for lease changes will be $100. This includes roommate changes and subleases. Please allow up to 5 business days for applicant approval once all applications, guarantor forms and fees have been submitted and paid. Please also allow up to 5 business days for the necessary leasing paperwork to be processed. Account MUST be in good standing in order to process. The new roommate or subletter must complete a resident application through Sturbridge Square and pay the application fee. After the new person is approved and payment is received for the admin and application fees, the necessary addendum to the lease will be completed by the office. All lease holders are required to sign the addendum to complete the changes.
Sturbridge Square offers a variety of apartments and townhomes:
72 two-bedroom apartments
36 three-bedroom apartments
24 four-bedroom apartments
18 two-bedroom townhomes
18 three-bedroom townhomes
We cannot guarantee how many will become available each year, since many residents renew their leases.