Frequently Asked Questions
Keys can be picked up during normal office hours only. Office hours are Monday-Friday 9AM to 5PM. We
are unable to keep the office open late. Rent must be paid in full before the keys are issued.
Keys will be issued to the first resident/roommate who checks in with the office with a valid ID. We will give all the keys and the entire move in packet to that resident. If your roommate has already moved in/picked up the keys, you can go straight to your apartment to meet them and move in. We will not issue keys to someone who is not on the lease, including parents. A guarantor is not a leaseholder.
**Each resident is responsible for reviewing the Policies and Procedures Manual in the Move In Packet*
Rent is due on the 1st of every month. If rent is not paid by the 5th at 5pm, a late fee will be assessed. The late fee is 10% of the total monthly rent, not 10% of the balance due. Should rent continue to be unpaid, eviction proceedings will begin.
For safety and security reasons, we cannot give an apartment address or apartment number or any personal information out over the phone. If you are paying someone else’s rent, please request that information from the resident.
You can pay online by clicking here. Check or money orders are also accepted for rental payments. We are unable to accept cash.
To log in, Click on the RESIDENTS tab on our website then PAY MY RENT. The resident’s account number is listed on their statement. If making payment online, make sure the location is set to ssa (NOT DEFAULT) then enter the resident’s email address that is on file with the office.
You will need to contact AEP to have the electric turned on and switched into the resident’s name effective the lease start date. This can be set this up in advance online or by calling them at 1-800-956-4237 or going to www.aep.com. Click on START/STOP SERVICE on the left side of the page. You can provide the resident’s apartment address or the meter number. The meter number for the apartment was sent to the resident in the move-in letter.
The cable/internet provider is Comcast. You will need to set up service with them directly. Their phone number is 1 (888) 266-2278. Their website is www.xfinity.com. Please note: They have the apartments listed as UNIT. ex: 911 UNIVERSITY CITY BLVD, UNIT 1, BLACKSBURG, VA 24060.
(2) Then, submit a security deposit totaling $800 per apartment/townhome (this can be split between roommates) and submit $25.00 application fee per resident. The security deposit holds/secures the apartment/townhome while we process the paperwork. We MUST receive a security deposit before we take your apartment off the market.
You may pay online by clicking here. To make the application fee and security deposit in one payment online, choose the box marked “other” to customize your transaction on the payment page of PayLease.
You may also pay by check or money order, payable to Sturbridge Square Apartments located at 1001 University City Blvd, Blacksburg, VA 24060. It can be dropped off in person or mailed to us if it is paid as check or money order. You may write one check or money order that includes all application fees and security deposits if you wish.
(3) Each resident must provide proof of income. Proof of income can be the two most recent pay stubs or two most recent bank account statements or a W2 or financial aid/scholarship information. These documents can be emailed, faxed, or mailed to us. If you are under 21 or you do not have substantial credit, then a parent, guardian, or other person (not a roommate) must complete a guarantor form.
To download the PDF Application and Guarantor Form, click here. They will need to print it out, complete the form, and have it notarized. This form can be scanned and emailed to us, faxed, or mailed to us. The guarantor will also need to provide proof of income.
(4) In addition, you will need to provide copies of two forms of photo identification per resident. This can be brought in person, emailed or mailed to us and can be in the form of driver’s licenses, student IDs, passports, etc. If you are not a US citizen, then we must have a copy of your visa.
(5) After we receive these documents from all residents we will run a background check. Upon approval of credit we will complete a Priority Reservation Form. Unit assignments will be made after all lease renewals are returned (Leases must be renewed by November 17th).
(6) All residents will be on one lease. If you are in town, you will need to come in to sign the lease prior to your move-in date. If you are out of town, we can scan and email you the lease to print out and sign then scan and email back to us.
Should you have any questions, feel free to contact the office at (540) 951-9252. Thank you and we look forward to have you as a resident of Sturbridge Square Apartments!
Once we have received your application you can pay the application fee and security deposit online here. The security deposit is $800 per apartment/townhome (this can be split between roommates) and applicants must submit a $25.00 application fee per resident (each resident must submit an application). To make the application fee and security deposit in one payment online, choose the box marked “other” to customize your transaction on the payment page of PayLease.
Sturbridge Square also accepts check or money order, which can be dropped off in person or mailed to the office at 1001 University City Blvd, Blacksburg, VA 24060.
A guarantor is one, such as a person or corporation, that makes or gives a promise, assurance, or pledge typically relating to quality, durability, or performance. If under 21, you will need to submit a Lease Contact Guarantor form which is located here. It is required to be notarized. This form can be faxed, scanned and emailed, mailed or dropped off in person.
The guarantor will also need to provide proof of income. Proof of income can be the two most recent pay stubs or two most recent bank account statements or a W2 or financial aid/scholarship information. These documents can be emailed, faxed, or mailed to us.
On-Site Professional Management and Maintenance Staff
- Our community is staffed 24/7 with on-site professional staff.
- Our property’s staff is experienced and skilled in addressing all of your student’s needs.
- All work orders are processed within 24 hours while comfort and life safety work orders are given immediate attention.
Meet Our Staff
Floor Plans, Amenities, and Affordability
We have a variety of spacious floor plans with all the luxuries and modern conveniences your student requires. In addition, our amenities and leasing options focus on delivering. We do not charge blanket utility fees in our rent that require you and your student to pay for overconsumption on the part of others.